Catherine E. Ross
336-758-4559 or email@example.com
- University of Texas at Austin Ph.D., Russian /Foreign Language Teaching
- University of Wisconsin, Madison M.A., English/Teaching English as a Second Language
- University of Wisconsin, Madison M.A., Slavic Languages and Literature
- University of Delaware, Newark B.A., Russian and Spanish
- Ross, C. (2008). Book review, Inside the Undergraduate Experience. Catharine Hoffman Beyer, Gerald Gillmore and Andrew Fisher (Anker, 2007). In International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Volume 2, Number 2, July 2008.
- Ross, C. and J. Dunphy, Eds. (2007). Strategies for Teaching Assistant and International Teaching Assistant Development: Beyond Microteaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Ross, C. (2006) “From Complaints to Communication”, ITA Volume, TESOL Case Studies Series, Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Alexandria, Virginia.
- Ahluwalia, S. (Producer), C. Ross & K. Barker (2001). Respect on the Line.
Director of Educational Development
Kristi joined the TLC Wake Forest staff in 2012. Prior to coming to Wake Forest, she worked for Wayne State University’s Office for Teaching and Learning in Detroit, MI for over 10 years and served as the Acting Director for 5 years. Kristi’s educational background is in Psychology (B.S.) and Instructional Technology (Ph.D. and M.Ed). She has taught several classes in both Psychology and Education, both at the graduate and undergraduate level. She has also taught fully online courses.
Kristi loves to explore all aspects of teaching and learning, but especially enjoys helping faculty integrate more active/engaging strategies, technology, and metacognition into their courses.
Contact Kristi at 336-758-2308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah W. Snyder
Deborah Snyder has been the Administrative Coordinator of the Teaching and Learning Center since 2001. She earned a B.A. from Indiana University at Bloomington, Indiana, and an M.L.I.S. from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Contact Deborah at 336-758-4587 or email@example.com
2016-2017 TLC Faculty Fellows
Eric M. Ekstrand, Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of English
Elisabeth Whitehead, Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of English
2016-2017 TLC Committee
Christopher Copeland, School of Divinity (Term ends 2019)
Kyle Denlinger, ZSR Library (Chairperson)
Adam Friedman, Education
Alyssa Howards, German (Division II) (Term ends 2018)
Bradley Jones, Dean of the Graduate School – Reynolda Campus, and
Professor of Chemistry
Sarah Mason, Mathematics (Division V) (Term ends 2019)
Christian Miller, Philosophy (Division I) (Term ends 2019)
Ellen Miller, Anthropology (Division IV)
Ellen Murphy, School of Law
Jonathan Pinder, Schools of Business
Catherine Ross, Director, Teaching and Learning Center
Christina Soriano, Theatre and Dance (Division III)
Kristi Verbeke, Teaching and Learning Center