Call for 2017-18 TLC Undergraduate College Division Faculty Liaisons
In an effort to provide targeted faculty and departmental support across the various divisions of the College, the TLC is seeking representatives from each Division to serve as faculty liaisons. Faculty liaisons will assist TLC staff in creating and promoting teaching-related programming for their specific Division. Liaisons will receive a $1,000 stipend ($500 per semester) in exchange for their leadership in the following areas:
- Faculty liaisons will be responsible for developing, implementing, and promoting at least one programmatic effort targeted to their Division each semester (programs might include workshops, book discussions, learning communities, outside speakers, or any other relevant program designed to meet the needs of faculty in the Division’s disciplines). Please note, in keeping with the TLC’s mission, these programs must support teaching.
- Faculty liaisons will meet with TLC staff and other liaisons at least once per semester to discuss and plan programming.
- Faculty liaisons will provide a summary report at the end of their term highlighting successes and suggestions for future faculty liaisons.
Liaisons should be full-time faculty with an interest in exploring successful teaching practices within and across disciplines. Applicants should submit a 1-2 page statement of interest by May 19, 2017 to Kristi Verbeke at email@example.com. Statements should include the following:
- Your name, department, and division you with to represent
- A brief explanation of your experience with and commitment to the enhancement of teaching and engaged learning for students.
- Any potential program ideas you have for your Division as well as ideas for how you will promote the programs and encourage attendance.
One liaison per Division will be selected. Faculty selected will be notified by May 31, 2017.